To take part of the crowd-sale users will need to do so via an ERC20 wallet. The following user guide does not constitute an endorsement and serves only as an example on how to contribute to the crowd-sale via the ERC20 wallet named MyEtherWallet.
MyEtherWallet is a free, open-source, client-side tool for securely interacting with the Ethereum network.
The following instructions will guide you through the setup of a MyEtherWallet. We strongly advise that all participants conduct their own research into the setup process of MyEtherWallet, and how to use the wallet to make transactions. We make no representations or warranties that the following material is complete or accurate, or that the MyEtherWallet and/or any associated software or services will be reliable or function as described. As such, participants assume all risks associated with the use of MyEtherWallet (or any other ERC20 wallet) in connection with the token sale.
For the terms and conditions concerning the PLAAK token sale please visit https://www.plaak.com
If you already have an Ethereum account that you can use via MyEtherWallet, please jump ahead to the next section - “Sending ETH to the crowd-sale Address and Buying PLK” section.
Go to the MyEtherWallet website at https://www.myetherwallet.com. Make sure that you are using a computer you trust and that you access the website via an HTTPS address.
2. Create New Account
Open the “New Wallet” tab
Make sure you see the lock icon and signature text in the address line.
Provide a Password
Provide a password that will be used to access your wallet. It is very important that you do not lose this password. Losing it is equivalent to losing all of the ETH and PLK stored in your account. Click on the “Create New Wallet” button.
Save Your Key-store File
Follow the instructions to save your key-store file. This file contains your private and public keys and is required every time you want to access your account.
Please note that in order to access your account you must have both the key-store file and your password created in the previous step. Losing either one is equivalent to losing all of the ETH and PLK stored in your account.
3. Sending ETH to the token sale address and buying PLK
Enter the number of tokens you want to buy
Confirm the Address of the Sale
It is crucial to make sure that the address is accurate. Using a wrong address will result in failing to take part in the crowd-sale and losing your ETH.
Please note the recommended gas limit needed to participate, written below smart contract address.
Send ETH from Your MyEtherWallet Account
Go to the “Send Ether & Tokens” tab.
Choose how you would like to access your wallet. For instance, if you choose to access using your key-store file, select the wallet file as indicated below.
Input your password and click “Unlock” to proceed.
4. Important Note Regarding GAS Limit
Due to the recent congestions within the Ethereum network, the following steps must be taken to ensure your transaction will be executed in a timely manner.
1. The Gas Price should be set to 40 Gwei, this is done by changing the Gas Price for the specific transaction, on MyEtherWallt website this is done by sliding the Gas Price bar located at the top right of the page to 40 Gwei-
2. The Gas Limit should be set to 200,000, as shown in the following image-
You will then be asked to fill the “Send Ether & Tokens” form.
1. In the “To Address” field you are required to paste the crowd-sale address, copied in the previous step.
2. In the “Amount to Send” field please fill in the amount of ETH you wish to use buying PLK tokens
3. In the “Gas Limit” field change the minimum amount as recommended in the previous step below the crowd-sale address, ensuring your transaction is processed
Click on “Generate Transaction”
The application will then open a new popup. In that new page click on “Send Transaction”. MyEtherWallet will generate a check asking you to confirm the transaction.
Assuming that the data is correct and you wish to proceed, click “Yes, I am sure! Make transaction”. DO NOT click on this button again.
Confirm ETH were sent
Open your transaction in etherscan.io, by clicking on the “Check TX Status” below. You should see that the transaction is pending and after a couple of moments (depending on the Ethereum network performance), you’ll see the transaction as submitted:
Go to the “View Wallet Info” tab, at https://www.myetherwallet.com, unlock your account or just choose the “View with Address Only” Method and click on “Add Custom Token”.
5. How do i see my PLK
Go to the “View Wallet Info” tab, at https://www.myetherwallet.com, unlock your account or just choose the “View with Address Only” Method and click on “Add Custom Token”:
1. In the “Token Contract Address” field, fill the smart token address- 0x96fc0229b1aab013000909143f079ab096d55317
2. In the “Token Symbol” Feld fill “PLK”
3. In the “Decimals” field fill “18”
4. Click “Save”
5. Finally, click “Show All Tokens” to see all the PLK tokens that you own.